Pages

Lupus is a chronic, auto-immune disease in which the body's immune system forms antibodies that attack healthy tissues and organs. If left untreated, lupus can be serious and even life threatening. Here I share how I am using my artwork and learning music to navigate me towards a simple goal of daily peace~

Bright Bird

Bright Bird
scroll way down to view my Hawaiian photos and don't forget to feed the fish!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Stay in touch and compare notes...so simple

This morning I got an email from a very good friend of mine named Ann Zeddies. I grabbed the phone and called her and settled in for a long conversation that just heals the bones! We met years ago and our friendship is one that has developed slowly to the point that just last year we realized how much we truly have in common. We met in Lawrence, but as she has moved throughout the country with her husband Timothy we have always kept up together with ourselves and our kids and our interests.
The point here is that we support each other and come away with a better balance to ourselves and I always feel stronger, even enriched after we have spoken. Take the time for yourself, you are worth it!

While we talked about our illnesses, EMDR therapy ( I learned last year that she is also getting treatment ) and our parents and their declines, I emailed her the picture I had of the Koi Dance painting that showed the actual reflections of the Gold and Silver leaf applied to the Mandala Ying Yang circle. She immediately suggested that I post it. She had just read my blog updates and thought it must be shown what the painting actually does.
 so here it is....
Ann is herself a published science fiction author, an accomplished martial artist with ever so many awards and the mother of four great kids. Not a weird one in the lot!
Great to have a person to bounce ideas off of and I love listening to her. 

For more information about Ann Tonsor Zeddies go to:

1 comment:

  1. That was such a sweet comment. Thank you! One thing I've learned at this time in my life is how important it is to keep the friends you made. I've lost friends who just fell away for one reason or another, and since I've moved four times around the country, I've lost contact with some who could have been friends. But the people I've kept that connection with are so important to me. Friends are the keepers of your memories. They know things about you that no one else could know because they weren't there. You don't have to explain yourself to them all over again each time you talk, because they already understand. Friends are like signposts planted along your path. When you look at them, you know where you've been and where you are now. And they encouraged you to keep on going to where you want to be.

    Your friendship has meant a lot to me, and you are constantly a source of inspiration to me, because you are bold in the face of challenges, someone who isn't afraid to try new things, and you're so creative!

    Thanks for posting the picture. It's so much more luminous than you can tell from the photo where it's in the frame. Wish I could see it in real life. : )

    ReplyDelete