Pages

Lupus is a chronic, auto-immune disease in which the body's immune system forms antibodies that attack healthy tissues and organs. If left untreated, lupus can be serious and even life threatening. Here I share how I am using my artwork and learning music to navigate me towards a simple goal of daily peace~

Bright Bird

Bright Bird
scroll way down to view my Hawaiian photos and don't forget to feed the fish!

Friday, March 29, 2013

A GOOD SPRING TRIGGER

For years I have enjoyed orchids. They are easy to grow and in Hawai'i the climate permits them to grow wild. So a good trigger to promote that simple daily happiness around you is to be sure and have these or what ever flowers you like close at hand. This winter my orchids have been thriving in the sun in the back room of this small farm house. Everyday I see them and that triggers me to stop and take a moment to take them in. I feel good that I am growing them, I can run for the camera and shoot pics of them and I touch them. Sometimes I also get flowers once a month from Trader Joe's when I go into KC for my monthly food run. There is a variety I like that lasts gorgeously for 3 weeks! It is the best $3.99 that I can spend on myself. I am worth it even though I am totally poor ~and I can say that because I know some of you understand living on disability too ~ this is a management of my illness that is just as important as taking my meds. And they are easier to swallow ...Bahahahaahaha...
One cool thing about the local farmer's markets is that there are great flowers to buy when in season and you are supporting local growers and their families too. Even if I can only afford one flower, it is a real gem to bring home and set in a special place to enjoy.  *you can scroll down to an earlier post titled The Good Triggers and see more of my experiences and suggestions for more positive ways to cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment