Pages

Lupus is a chronic, auto-immune disease in which the body's immune system forms antibodies that attack healthy tissues and organs. If left untreated, lupus can be serious and even life threatening. Here I share how I am using my artwork and learning music to navigate me towards a simple goal of daily peace~

Bright Bird

Bright Bird
scroll way down to view my Hawaiian photos and don't forget to feed the fish!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting Started

My first idea behind doing a blog was to relate some of my own true experiences living with SLE Lupus. A second idea was to encourage anyone to find that one thing they are passionate about and start doing it. The results I am hoping for from this blog is entertaining you with stories of my life while living 5 years in Hawai'i, then moving back home to Kansas. Hopefully through them also providing an information board for those I wish to help who are living with a chronic illness. Personally I would like to volunteer, but I need to remain isolated so having real contact with people is not the best situation for me. Maybe this blog will put some information or an idea or a link out there to anyone who needs support. Secondly, I want to show you my art that I am passionate about.
Now that I have created this blog thing I am intimidated. I have never read a blog before. Actually I have never tweeted either. At one time I sent emails to my friends about my life in Hawai'i and they clamored for more stories. It was just daily stuff to me, but most have never lived on an island and it was interesting to them and my life can be especially bizarre. Such as my thieving friends Frank and Annie. Ah, we will get to them later.
So I am learning to set up the blog page and organize what I want on it and.... nothing. One little posting for days. After thinking about this blog block for several days my dear friend Ann Zeddies, a great science fiction writer, encouraged (panicked) me by saying she would send people to it. So the more people reading the blog then better the hope of actually providing useful lupus information to a person looking for it. I decided to focus on the first goal.

1 comment:

  1. I think I like the dark one, the first, because it was sort of mysterious and enveloping. but it might be because thts what sticks in my brain now. The oils look great!

    ReplyDelete