Pages

Lupus is a chronic, auto-immune disease in which the body's immune system forms antibodies that attack healthy tissues and organs. If left untreated, lupus can be serious and even life threatening. Here I share how I am using my artwork and learning music to navigate me towards a simple goal of daily peace~

Bright Bird

Bright Bird
scroll way down to view my Hawaiian photos and don't forget to feed the fish!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Flint Hills cows under the clouds.....

        Back in May of this year Marty Olson and I went into the flint hills to soul search and paint plein air. ...and we accomplished both. We also were struck by the clouds all day and painted them. At the end of the day, about 5:20pm we were driving into Manhattan, Kansas---where I was indeed born in June 1951 during the great flood, yep water baby me!--- I commented on the sky. I turned and said to Marty "I wonder who is under those clouds" and we went into town and ate a great meal Jamaican style at one of Marty's favorite haunts! Man is he fun to travel with!
~~~ the next day I learned that a tornado had struck Joplin MO. uhhh ohhh. That was the direction we painted and watched as the day wained. Holy Cow!

Two paintings have come out of that day. The first one is the actual plein air one I did as we sat under a tree out at the state park. I titled it Under the Clouds and it is indeed framed and for sale. See the Horizons show menu tab.

 The second painting just finished in November is Flint Hills Cows that I rendered from a photo collection I took while we drove through the flint hills. Actually it is my first cow painting and is waiting for a forever home. As a child I rode cows on my Grandparents' farm as they never got me a painted pony of my owney.

 Such a fateful day for so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment